- To borrow books you must be an RMPL member. If you are not a member, you can get membership information by clicking here.
- At the present time we will only loan books to members in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. Requests from other countries will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Material that can be borrowed by mail is the same as what can be borrowed by walk-in. This includes most books, loose journals, and other media. Material that will not be lent includes locked-case books, bound journals, and some other material. If you are not sure, ask (no charge). The online circulation manager reserves the right to determine whether individual items can be checked out.
- The number of books that can be checked out to a member at one time will be based on various factors. The online circulation manager will make the final decisions.
- A mail-order borrower may not make a second request until items from the first request are returned.
- Library material may be kept for up to 4 weeks (including return transit time) from the date of shipment. A book will be considered overdue four weeks from the date of mailing by the RMPL. Overdue charges are listed below.
- To request a book from the online catalogue, add it to your shopping cart. When you go through checkout, an email with the items that you want will be sent automatically to the RMPL. If you need something that you can’t find in the catalogue or have other questions, write, email, or call the library and give as much information as possible (including the subject and topic, and the source of your information) about what you need. Names of journals owned by the RMPL, but not the issues held, are also listed on the website. Interlibrary loans are not available at this time.
- The charges for borrowing by mail are as follows:
Base Charge $7.50 per request/shipment (includes 20 min. of staff time)
Charge per book: $2.00
Postage - Variable; shipping will be by United States Postal Service media mail with tracking. Borrower pays all postage both ways.
Damage or loss - The borrower is responsible for the repair or replacement cost of any item that is damaged or lost while in their possession or in transit back to the library.
Overdue books - A book is overdue if it has not been received back by the RMPL four weeks from the date it was mailed to the borrower. The overdue charge is $1.00 per week to a maximum of eight weeks. If the book has not been returned by 8 weeks from when we mailed it, it will be considered lost and the borrower will be responsible for the cost of replacing the book.
- These rules may change as necessary to improve the online borrowing service. Any suggestions that you may have for improvement are welcomed.
To go to the catalog and search for a book, click here.